JPM College is the result of the dream of a group of fathers of the St. Joseph’s Province of CST Fathers Aluva, to provide education to the economically and educationally less advantaged people of the Highranges. In 2005 upon the request of neighbouring parents, priests in the Ashram arranged tuition programme in front of the Little Flower Ashram Chapel. Later the demands of the people lead them to start a private open regular junior college which later metamorphosed in the form of Private Degree College and later to the functioning of UG and PG courses affiliated to MG University, Kottayam in 2008. JPM campus consists of JPM Arts and Science College, John Paul Memorial B.Ed College, and JPM Junior College overlooking to the busy Kattappana-Kuttikkanam stretch of the Kattappana Kottayam state highway. JPM Arts and Science College has been maintaining excellent results in university examinations since its inception. In order to enhance the quality of teaching and learning process, the college regularly conducts national seminars, add-on-courses, department-wise and intercollegiate fests, industrial visits, training programmes etc... The college is keen in maintaining high standards of discipline in the campus which will go a long way in fine tuning the potential of learners. The college also provides excellent lab and library facilities for its students and subscribe various magazines, national and international journals, books and materials of competitive exams such as Civil Service, UPSC,SSC etc… JPM Arts and Science College was granted Minority Status by Central Government of India on 28/06/2013 and was given the number 1230/2013/7078 in their official records. In connection with the decennial celebration of the college (2005-2015) JPM Career Academy- coaching centre for competitive examinations was started in October 2015. In the same year college became the first ISO - 9001:2008 certified college in Idukki district. In 2016 ‘JPM’ became a registered trademark. In 2017 regular study centre of Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) started to function on the campus.