JPM COLLEGE KANCHIYAR , LABBAKKADA
“SAPARE AUDE” (DARE TO KNOW)
“ Keeping pace with the changing times” – this is the challenge that the world and the people at large confront in today’s digitalized fast changing world. It is a formidable task, as change itself is the only constant.
Founded in 2008 JPM Arts and Science college, has been catering to the educational aspirations of the children of the farmers, laborers and other marginalized sections of this economically backward region of the High Ranges. Though an affiliated college, it is making its fumbling steps towards NACC accreditation with its desire to reach excellence in every field related to academics.
One of the most vital aspirations of the college is to be accredited by NACC. Unless accreditation is accomplished new courses would remain a mere dream, and the vision and mission of the founding fathers to impart quality education to the aspirants to higher education in this land locked area will remain unrealized.
- Attaining the status of an accredited college, so that, the college can introduce new courses.
- To enter into MOU’s with reputed research institutions.
- To start research centers – The high ranges being ecologically fragile, a research center on environment economics can be planned and executed.
- New undergraduate programmes that are in tune with the emerging knowledge revolution scenario.
- On-line courses can be introduced.
- Orientation programmes for newly inducted teachers.
- Introduction of Diploma, certificate, Add-on, value added and vocational training courses.
- Career counseling and coaching center.
- Community Broadcasting Centre.
Infrastructure is the set of fundamental facilities that support the sustainable functionality of institutions. It plays a pivotal role in the well being of the seekers of knowledge as well as their holistic development. Infrastructure facilities have to be well maintained and utilized. The infrastructure facilities currently available bear testimony to the, far sightedness and vision of the founding fathers.
- A state of the art library block is under construction, which is envisaged to provide information at your fingertips.
- All the 31 class rooms are to have ICT facilities.
- To provide more comfortable seating arrangement for students.
- Construction of an auditorium.
- To make facility rooms more teacher and student friendly.
- The faculty rooms to be renovated.
- Building new state of the art class rooms in the recently purchased plot adjacent to the college.
- Better sanitation facilities.
- Greening the campus by planting trees.
- Building of an open stage so that, the tribal village we have adopted can exhibit their culture and cultural artefacts.
- Water harvesting, waste recycling and garbage management plants to be established.
- Developing our stadium.
Administration & Management
The most important element of an educational institution is the students. The institutional facilities should be conducive to the holistic development of the stake holders. This institution is just thirteen and she is on the threshold of her teens when she has to develop into a wholesome personality, full of beauty and allurement. With this end in view the following needs to be done.
- A new separate administrative block with all amenities and student friendly environment.
- Construcion of Guest House and staff Quarters
- Beautification of the campus.
A community is the aggregate of people living together and the welfare of the community is dependent on the welfare of the individual. With this end in view we propose to have a full fledged counselling center where round the clock counselling will be made available.
- To keep track of the Alumini and to keep them involved in the life of their alma mater.
- A health care track of the health of the students.
- To start a publishing wing.
- By 2030 we expect to have 12 UG prorgammes and 10 PG programmes with a faculty capacity of 100 teachers and 2000 students.
- Free wifi facility.
- Campus to switch over to solar energy.
- Uniquely green campus.
- Accessibility to Basilius center library from anywhere in the world.
- Establishing a digital platform for learning and teaching.
- Host national festivals.
- Conduct International seminars / National seminars every year.
- Promote the use of electric vehicles.
- Special life skill program for the general public.